Calculate your Solar Energy Requirements
Jaytech offers free tools and consultations to help you estimate your Solar Power project requirements. The Solar Payback Calculator allows you to calculate how long it will take to pay off your solar installation, and start reaping the rewards of renewable solar energy.
The Solar Payback Calculator determines how long it will take to recover your initial investment in Solar Power.
This solar calculator will tell you how long it will take to pay for itself, and how much it will pay you back.
The data used is based in and around Whitehorse, Yukon. Data calculations are based on multiple years of data collected from solar installations throughout the Yukon and British Columbia, but focusing mainly on Whitehorse and surrounding areas.
All values can be adjusted to determine solar return rates for virtually any installation, but default values provided are taken from Yukon Government Solar Collection Data.
Note: Try our Power Calculator to determine your monthly KiloWatts-Hour (kWh) requirements by appliance.
- Incentive is $800/kW to a maximum of $5,000.
Maximum one micro-generation installation per residential electrical meter per fiscal year.
- System must be a residential installation.
- Grid-tied systems must be approved under the Government of Yukon's micro-generation program.
- Off-grid systems must pass the final electrical inspection.
- Complete and sign the renewable energy rebate application.
- Attach required documentation:
- Itemized receipts / invoices for materials purchased with zero balance owing.
- Signed copy of Micro-Generation Interconnection and Operating Agreement (grid-tied).
- Final approved electrical inspection (off-grid system).
- Submit rebate package to Energy Solutions Centre.
Other applicable incentive offers:
Renewable energy systems that are on-grid may also participate in the Government of Yukon's Micro-generation program. The Micro-generation program pays participants for their annual surplus electricity generated and supplied to the grid. Please Energy Solutions Centre to participate in the Micro-generation program.
The power calculator is used to add up the power requirements of appliances in your home and determine the monthly .
Use this calculator to calculate the cost of a single applicance. We have provided some standard applicances along with their average power consumption. You can adjust this to match your specific appliances.
Once you have entered the relevant information, press CALCULATE to determine daily, monthly, and yearly electricity costs, along with kilowatt-hours (kWh) per month. You can then add this appliance to the Power Calculator. This will tally up all your individual apliances, to give you a good idea of your total power requirements.